Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Reflux baby mommas...read on

Marie #2 has GER (gastroesophageal reflux). At a few months old, I discovered that something was wrong with her when I nursed her, but I suspected a host of other issues before she was diagnosed. It's been two long years of doctor visits, procedures, and a lot of research, but God is good and our baby girl has superior physicians who continue to provide excellent care and support. One of the main contributors to keeping her reflux controlled (in addition to medication) is her diet. I try to purchase organic foods whenever possible, but when I can't, I opt for all-natural and try to stay away from processed foods. I've compiled a list of yes and no foods to help out any mommas facing the same issues with their baby.

No:
Eating late (This is key!)
Fried foods
Red meat
Cheese
Onions
Tomatoes (This includes sauce-based foods such as pizza and pastas, as well as ketchup.)
Garlic
Peppers
Citrus fruits or juices
Chocolate
Caffeine
Carbonated beverages

Yes:
Grilled/baked/sautéed fish
Grilled/baked/sautéed chicken
Bread, rice, and grains
Oatmeal
Melons
Bananas
Broccoli
Asparagus
Green beans
Low fat coconut, almond, soy, or cow's milk


DISCLAIMER: I am not advocating any or all of these products; I am simply sharing the information I have gleaned in the hopes of helping out another parent going through the same with their baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment