Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Toddler Fall crafting

I am a HUGE fan of kiddie crafts. Though it is certainly easier to let Marie #2 watch tv, I limit what she watches as well as the amount of television she watches. I try to keep her well-rounded and she is certainly curious, so we do a lot of crafts and music and activity books and outings. A lot of my mommy friends have told me they are intimidated by doing crafts with their toddler (and with good reason), but it doesn't take a lot of time or money to do something with them that you can keep for yourself or mail to grandparents and godparents and the like. I especially like crafts that are flat and can be filed or stored in a binder because we move a lot. A LOT. I love the simplicity of these and the fact that no two are alike! Below are a few crafts we did in a pinch with materials I had already.


Thumbprint pumpkins.

Materials: paper, paint, tiny thumbs. As a matter-of-fact, I didn't even have orange paint so Marie #2 and I made some with a bit of red paint and a bit of yellow paint.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Paper forest.

Materials: paper, glue stick or tape. I cut everything out and helped her assemble.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Scrappy corn.

Materials: paper, raffia, glue stick or tape. Coach actually did this craft with Marie #2!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And the quintessential handprint turkeys!

Materials: paper, paint. Marie #2 made these with her cousins while we visited them for Thanksgiving.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And with that, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD FOR HE IS GOOD.
1 Chronicles 16:34

No comments:

Post a Comment